As part of our agreement with AMCA’s BIM-MEPAUS initiative, we wish to see each initiative benefit from the other. BIM-MEPAUS has been ‘kicking some goals’ lately, so those of you in the Building Services industry should read on!
After 18 months of development the BIM-MEPAUS Revit add-in software will be released on 1 April 2012. The software consists of customised Autodesk Revit MEP templates, schedules and content which are tailored to the BIM-MEPAUS standards and protocols.
- Brisbane – 16 April 2012
- Sydney – 17 April 2012
- Adelaide – 18 April 2012
- Melbourne – 19 April 2012
There are two events proposed in all four cities outlining the benefits of software demonstrations:
Event 1: Head Contractors, Building Services MEP Consultants and Contractors (12:00-1:30pm)
- Notwithstanding investments made to data in library and software content development, BIM-MEPAUS will significantly reduce modelling costs moving forward as a whole-of-industry effort that promotes standardisation.
- Rather than working in a lonely BIM environment, BIM-MEPAUS will ensure that the design community has the tools necessary to support integrated project delivery and yield greater value added processes for design to fabrication.
- Given the appetite shown to date consultants can expect clients to be requiring projects to be documented in BIM-MEPAUS moving forward.
- BIM-MEPAUS documented projects are more likely to be constructible and easier to deliver with lower project time, quality and cost risks.
- BIM-MEPAUS documented projects are going to be consistently documented from one project to another.
- BIM-MEPAUS documented projects will be able to be more easily used for scheduling, cost management and sustainability.
- BIM-MEPAUS based projects will require development of REVIT capabilities and changes to current workflows.
- BIM-MEPAUS properly implemented will reduce your construction costs.
Event 2: Suppliers and manufacturers (4:30-6:00pm)
- BIM-MEPAUS and managed content is the best way to build on current supplier/contractor arrangements.
- BIM-MEPAUS and managed content BIM-MEPAUS is the lowest cost means of engaging in BIM enabled IPD based projects.